Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Christian Ministries Slow Down Over The Summer - Why?

I know churches tend to stop or at least reduce their ministry activities over the summer. Staff need holidays for sure, but the needs for ministry don't really change - especially in the counselling arena. Churches really need to be cognizant of the summertime needs and address these, even with alternate staff and volunteers.

In some cases, counselling needs can actually increase with children home from school for at least eight weeks and when both parents work outside the home, extra stresses can occur when trying to keep the children occupied. 

Our society creates conditions that require both parents working in order to meet the costs of  housing, food, and more. Add to this vacations, which tend to increase the outgoing of money, it is no wonder that stress levels increase in households.

I am surprised that more Christians don't reach out to counsellors over the summer. Biblical counselling has the answers to all life's situations - whether in-church Biblical counsellors or out-of-church ones.

I know of many Biblical counsellors including myself, who would love to help brothers and sisters in their extra-stress situations.

I can be contacted through my website at: https://www.yourbiblicalcounselor.ca 

In Christ's love,

Your Biblical Counselor



No comments:

Post a Comment

A List of Some Common Biblical Counselling Topics

Here are some of the more common Biblical counselling topics that I know of. I am sure this is not an exhaustive list though. And some topic...