Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Don't Neglect The Smaller Things In Life

I am always amazed and surprised (although I shouldn't be) at how effective Biblical counseling is in the 'smaller' issues of life. I often deal with emotional trauma from childhood, to current marriage issues and even substance addictions. What I am discovering is that the same Biblical counseling principles and practices equally apply to 'simpler' things like impatience, selfishness, or even foul language.

These may be trivial in some minds but they are devastating to a person and those around them. That is why taking a history is so important - not only to see the life-threads in a persons life, but also the triggers that they are dealing with that cause them to be impatient or selfish or foul mouthed. I would welcome any sharing on these 'not-so-big' topics. Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment

A List of Some Common Biblical Counselling Topics

Here are some of the more common Biblical counselling topics that I know of. I am sure this is not an exhaustive list though. And some topic...